Sunday, May 6, 2012

Can I change PSU and video card on HP desktop without voiding warranty?

I just bought an Antec 650w PSU. Nothing is wrong with the stock PSU other that I want to prepare my system for a video card upgrade. If I just swap out the PSU now will it void my warranty? What about upgrading a video card in the near future?



I still have at least a year of warranty on the HP e9180t pavilion pc.|||In the US, the only way that would void the warranty is: if the new power supply is defective in such a way, or you install it improperly in such a way, that it then causes some new problem to occur in the computer, which would, then, not be covered under the warranty. They would have to be able to demonstrate (or at least claim) that the new power supply, or the improper installation of it, was the cause of the later problem, such that the later problem would not be covered under the warranty.



In any case, to make things easier, you can always just save the old power supply, so you can reinstall it, should you ever need to make a warranty claim. :)|||read up on it on their site

No comments:

Post a Comment