Friday, April 27, 2012

What type of memory do I need to buy for my custom desktop and also a question on a video card!?

Hello All,



I have a custom desktop that I bought that has 1 gb ram, I am looking to upgrade it to 4gb. 2x2. I have a Biostar P4M80-M4 (for intel processor) that has the following info on the box:



-Socket 478/FSB 800mhz

-AGP 8X

-DDR 400

-SATA/RAID



Im just not that well experienced in buying parts for computers so I just wanted to know what I needed to make sure the memory had to be compatible with my system. I am running XP but am going to upgrade to VISTA pretty soon.



ALSO, im looking to upgrade my video card and am probably going to get:



BFG Tech BFGE73512GT GeForce 7300GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X



LINK: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143102



What do you guys think of this as a good card, im pretty much just looking to run Flight Simulator X and Red alert 3, but i dont want to spend alot of money on these upgrades. Just enough to make it worth while for a good price. I also heard that this would run hulu vidoes in HD is that right?! Thanks for all the help everyone I really appreciate it!|||your motherboard using 184-pin pc2700 memory...here is a link for some, i have used crucial and it works great..but you can buy it eles-where ..personally, i would use the same brand as in your rig



http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.a…

i have seen folks run simulator x with a 7300le...but if it was me...at least something in the 7600 lineup...good luck|||You need to find out the MHZ on your current RAM, as well as the number of pins it has. Once you've done this, just find one with the same number of pins/MHZ.



That graphics card isn't that good. For an AGP I'd recommend the 7800GS.



Dunno about the HD videos...I don't think hulu hosts HD? But if they do, you would be able to run HD on your current graphics, HD just means higher resolution.|||I'm sorry to tell you but your motherboard only supports a maximum of 2GB of RAM.

If you want to upgrade to 2GB then you'll need to get two 1GB sticks of RAM (PC3200 (DDR400) DDR SDRAM).



As for the video card, that will work with your motherboard and should be able to run those games.

However, that card may not fit in your CPU case. What size tower do you have? If you have a mid-tower ATX form factor case or bigger you'll be fine.|||For RAM, you want DDR 400 RAM Speed



Here's the DDR 400 RAM from Newegg



http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…

No comments:

Post a Comment