Friday, April 27, 2012

Looking to upgrade my power supply and video card for gaming. HP - Pavilion Desktop p6754y?

I just purchased this pc last week and of course the power supply and video card sucks. Here is the link http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+Desktop+/+AMD+Athlon%26%23153%3B+II+Processor+/+4GB+Memory+/+1TB+Hard+Drive/1757098.p?id=1218289373194&skuId=1757098. I am unsure if there are only certain ones I can use that are compatible with my current set up. I am def looking to game so I was the best power supply and video card I can pop in there. Any recommendations?|||It has a single PCIe X16 slot, so I would think anything you wanted to put in there would work. I would be concerned about the length though. Some of the newer cards are getting very long. You should measure the length available in your case and make sure you leave enough for end connectors if needed. I'd recommending trying to get video cards with the side connectors.



As far as power supply, you should be OK with any name brand ATX power supply. It is HIGHLY recommended that you purchase ONLY a quality name brand PSU as the cheap ones are very undependable. The size will depend on what Video card you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment