Friday, April 27, 2012

Will a video card with an HDMI port transfer audio from my desktop to my HDTV?

I'm looking to watch movies on my HDTV by running an HDMI cable from the video card to the TV. I know audio isn't transfered through VGA or AVI cables so I want to make sure it will transfer through a card with an HDMI port before I buy a new card. Thanks in advance for your responses!|||I would recommend an ATI/AMD card as all of the ones that I have gotten from them in the past years (since DVI) all have built in HDMI audio on the cards. There are some cards from NVIDIA that support HDMI audio on card and some that require a special cable to connect the video card to a SP/DIF output on your motherboard or sound card.|||Yes. All modern HDMI equiped video cards can carry audio over the same cable.



Sometimes you have to go into the Sound control panel and activate the HDMI playback device to enable the sound, but that's a one time issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment