Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What is a good video card for installing on my motherboard for adding another monitor to my desktop?

My Dell Inspiron Slim desktop 531s has only one monitor outpur on it's motherboard. I am shopping for a video card to put into one of the empty slots on my motherboard so I can have a dual monitor setup using software like multimon, displayfusion, or similar. I like having the extra real estate to view pages as I usally have more than one browser open at once.

I am seeing many different kinds of video cards ranging in price from a few dollars all the way up to several hundred. I am not a "Gamer" as of yet, but dont rule it out in the future. What is a good video card, check that, what is the best video card that I should buy for around $50 or so? Please advise. I do like the cards that have a processor on them,,,I dont know why, they just look cool . Also, I use 20 inch lcd monitors That come standard with dell computers. They have good resolution and I have it set on highest 32 bit and on 1440x900 pixels|||According to Dell's manual for your Inspiron 531S, it has one PCIExpress 16x slot: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/sy…



Keep in mind you need to buy a "low profile" or "half-height" video card because you got one of those slim cases that cannot fit a full-height normal video card.



For your particular machine, the nVidia 9500GT is probably your best bet. This one has two DVI outputs (for connecting to two monitors) and is available in half-height form with the right mounting brackets for your 531s: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

No comments:

Post a Comment