Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Do I need to buy a new video card for a game on this computer?

I used to play a lot of games on my laptop and now I have a brand new hp desktop, and whenever I tried to play my games, it would say the video hardware wasn't good enough. I don't know much about video cards and I don't have any more money to buy one, is there any way I can play them without buying anything?|||It sounds likely that you're using the integrated video on this new desktop machine. If this HP machine has a video card installed, there are two different places you could theoretically plug in your monitor to the back of the machine. You would want to be plugged into the one that's horizontal, not vertical (when the case is in an upright position).



If there's only one connection on the back of the machine, then it is likely that you'd have to add a video card (particularly if the plug is vertical, as that would be motherboard built-in video, which is usually sub-par). Do you know the model number for the Dell?|||FIRST COMMENT! :D|||No not really, you need to upgrade your video card to play new games, especially if you are using integrated video.

No comments:

Post a Comment