Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What kind of video card can I put in a IBM desktop?

My mom purchased a system from a company here that was getting rid of their older systems. It's an IBM desktop (the flat ones that you put the monitor on top of) and all the parts are integrated into the board. It's a Pentium 4, so it's a decent processor, but the video card or chip set isn't compatible with most of the games my daughter wants to play on it. I was told that she's going to need a low profile video card and the GeForce PCI 5200 didn't work in it, as the metal "backing" was too long. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I can do for it? Is there a specific video card for systems like this or am I just out of luck?|||You better double check on the processor! Just because it says pentium 4 doesnt mean its fast! It could be 7 years old! I doubt very much that the PC she got is worth tryin to upgrade.|||seriously

keep cpu and ram ,throw the rest,

buy new p4 moby to suit cpu, agp video and.

$40 tower



id say theres no seperate graphics slot and pci card suck.|||There are 1/2 height adapters for many video cards, get a card that is either 1/2 height out of the box, or get one that has interchangeable adapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment