Monday, May 7, 2012

Where can I purchase a video card for my notebook?

Whenever I search for video cards, all I find are cards for desktop PCs. I can't find anywhere that sells video cards for notebook computers. I searched nvidia's website and I know that they manufacture video cards for notebooks, but I want to buy just the card, not an entire notebook computer that has the card already installed. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.|||Hate to tell you this but once you purchase a laptop you are pretty much stuck with the video controller that came with the system.



Usually companies like Nvidia, ATI,etc. make chips that are soldered onto the system board which prevents you from upgrading the component. This is done for space considerations, power consumption reasons, and temperature concerns.



About the only thing you can upgrade on a laptop are the memory and hard drive.|||go for acnt

http://www.acnt.com/_e/gdept/19/Video_Cards.htm|||Visit: www.pricewatch.com and there you will get lots of deals|||Ebay has just about everything.|||You got a chance of slim and none!|||NO SUCH THING. A laptop video card is something that's soldered onto the laptop motherboard itself. You can't pluck it and solder a different one in there. If you're playing games, let's just hope your laptop came with at least an Nvidia or ATI graphics chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment