Sunday, May 6, 2012

What processor, RAM, video card to buy for new computer?

If I buy a new PC with quad processors, what RAM should I get? I.e., how much GB and MHz of RAM? Should I get a video card? The PC will be a desktop unit running Windows XP. I run AutoCAD (some light 3D modeling), Excel, Word, Firefox and occasional light photo work. Tend to run multiple applications at once, and performance here is a big issue. Thanks!!!|||2 gb at 400mhz ram is standard now and extremely cheap (something like $80).

For a videocard you won't need anything fancy, a radeon hd 2900 would be perfect. If anything you won't even need that, get something like a radeon x1650 pro, they cost about $100 now and have the raw power to run autocad without the fancy pipelining for games.|||Processor: A Core 2 Duo. (A 6series, not 4)

RAM: 1GB +

GPU: An Nvidia 8500gt or 8600gt would be ok for you.



:D

No comments:

Post a Comment